A new study looked at millions of miles of driving data over three years, and found that texting ISN’T the most dangerous thing you can do behind the wheel.
That is NOT a license to whip out your phone, by the way. Put it down, shut your pie hole, and just listen to the best show in morning radio.
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, here are the six most dangerous activities you can do while driving.
1. Dialing a number on your phone. You’re 12 times more likely to crash while doing it.
2. Reading or writing. You’re 10 times more likely to crash if you do either of them while driving.
3. Reaching for something OTHER than your cell phone . . . nine times more likely to crash.
4. Texting, six times more likely.
5. Reaching for your phone, just under five times more likely to crash.
6. Browsing on your phone or reading email, about three times more likely.
They also found the average driver gets distracted at least once on more than half of their drives . . . distracted driving is a factor in 70% of serious crashes . . . and you’re 36 times more likely to crash if you drive drunk.