Revenge has always been big business, but thanks to BEYONCÉ’S “Lemonade”, it just became HUGE business.
In honor of the new album, E! Online put together a list of the 14 Most Lethal Revenge Songs. Here they are, along with the alleged subject of each song:
- “Cry Me a River”, Justin Timberlake. Subject: Britney Spears.
- “[Eff] It (I Don’t Want You Back)”, Eamon. Subject: An ex-girlfriend who cheated.
- “You Oughta Know”, Alanis Morissette. Subject: An ex who MIGHT be “Full House” superstar Dave Coulier.
- “I Bet”, Ciara. Subject: Ex-fiancé and baby-daddy Future.
- “You’re So Vain”, Carly Simon. Subject: Warren Beatty. At least partly.
- “Better Than Revenge”, Taylor Swift. Subject: Camilla Belle, for stealing Joe Jonas away.
- “Much Better”, The Jonas Brothers. Subject: Taylor Swift. This is supposedly their response to “Better Than Revenge”.
- “Don’t Speak”, No Doubt. Subject: No Doubt bassist Tony Kanal. Gwen Stefani wrote it after Tony broke up with her. This one’s more interesting than the rest, because they were still in the band together.
- “Cold Case Love”, Rihanna. Subject: Chris Brown.
- “Rolling in the Deep”, Adele. Subject: An ex-boyfriend she never named.
- “Wide Awake”, Katy Perry. Subject: Ex-husband Russell Brand.
- “So What”, Pink. Subject: Her husband Carey Hart. Even though he appeared in the video with her, then they got back together, and now they have a daughter.
- “Don’t”, Ed Sheeran. Subject: Ellie Goulding . . . who allegedly cheated on him with Niall Horan from One Direction.
- “Love Will Remember”, Selena Gomez. Subject: Justin Bieber. As if you didn’t know. (E! News)