Nielsen just released the results of their study on how much we’ll spend on food and drinks for the Big Game this year. Check it out . . .
1. $1.2 billion on beer. Believe it or not, a lot of that will go toward imported beers and craft beers. Only about one-sixth goes toward, quote, “budget” beer.
2. $1.1 billion on wine and liquor. That’s $594 million on wine and $503 million on the hard stuff.
3. $500 million on chips. Potato chips are slightly more popular than tortilla chips. And we’ll spend another $52 million on dips.
4. $99 million on MEAT SNACKS. This category includes things like pork rinds, beef jerky, cocktail weenies, and pigs in a blanket.
5. $82 million on chicken wings.
6. $71 million on cheese snacks.
7. And $13 million on veggie trays.