There’s a cliché that there’s no such thing as American food. But this list proves that’s NOT TRUE . . . and our food is GREAT.
An Irish newspaper just put together a list of American foods, quote, “that we would never eat.” Here are 10 of their picks, with their misguided justifications . . .
- Pumpkin pie. “In Ireland, pumpkins are purely for aesthetic use.”
- Pastrami sandwiches. “Too much [meat] for one sandwich.”
- Sloppy Joes.
- Spreadable and Spray cheese. “What kind of sandwich requires spreadable cheese over sliced cheese?”
- Tater tots. “If they were anything special, we’d have them here by now.”
- Sno cones. “Ridiculously sweet.”
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. “They would never become a staple in Ireland the way that they have in the U.S.”
- Deep dish pizza. “Why are the ingredients upside down?”
- Kool Aid. “Making a drink from powder adds an annoying step with little pay off.”
- Root beer. “This tastes exactly like cough medicine.” (Daily Edge)