A marriage counselor’s list of the seven keys to a successful marriage has been trending online. See if you agree with all of these . . .
- Communication. You have to be able to talk and express your feelings. And you need to learn to be CIVIL with each other while you do it.
- Learning to compromise. You won’t always get what you want, and you shouldn’t need to win every fight. Learn to meet in the middle on stuff.
- Accepting that there will be ups and downs. Don’t go in thinking you’ll feel connected and happy every minute of every day.
- Realizing your SEX life might have ups and downs. It won’t always be great, and that’s okay. Sex is important, but don’t put too much pressure on yourselves.
- Being ready to hang in there during the bumpy times. You can’t have one foot out the door. You have to have faith that you’ll reconnect and work things out.
- Realizing your relationship will evolve, and that it’s a GOOD thing. If you try to keep things exactly the same for 30 straight years, you’ll start to feel bored and suffocated.
- Realizing that you also have to change and evolve as an INDIVIDUAL. In other words, keep growing as a person. Being too codependent puts a lot of pressure on a relationship. So be your own person too. (Huffington Post)