Should you take a bunch of photos while you’re on vacation? Or should you try to just take it all in and ENJOY it instead? A recent study found there’s a sweet spot . . .
People were 40% better at remembering details from their summer vacation if they took at least some photos. But more than two hours a day on your phone makes your vacation 26% LESS memorable. Here are five more tips for a memorable vacation . . .
- Don’t bring your laptop. People who spent more than one hour a day on their computer were 43% more likely to have trouble remembering details from their trip.
- Go with friends AND family. People who vacationed with both remembered their trip 20% better than people who traveled with JUST family, friends, or on their own.
- Go somewhere with mountains. For whatever reason, people who went to places with mountains remembered their trip better than any other type of destination.
- Pump yourself up for it. People who said they were excited for their vacation were 73% more likely to remember details from it afterward.
- Don’t spend too much. The cost of a vacation had nothing to do with how memorable it was. People who spent a few hundred dollars on a trip remembered the details of it just as well as people who splurged and spent $5,000. (Multivu)