There’s a lot of stuff in this country that seems totally normal to us . . . but confuses tourists who come here from other countries.
Here are 10 things that seem normal to us but aren’t to our international visitors . . .
- Cranking the air conditioning on full blast everywhere.
- Our massive highways and the massive cars on them.
- Restaurants serving water with ice cubes in it, even in the winter.
- All the different flavors and varieties of foods like Oreos and Cheez-Its.
- Having so many commercial breaks during TV shows.
- Price tags not including the tax.
- Laws changing from state to state.
- Servers who are working for tips . . . which makes them way more attentive and always asking “Is everything okay?”
- Pharmacies that sell beer and cigarettes.
- All of our money being the same size and mostly the same color. (Buzzfeed)