“Entertainment Weekly” put together a list of the 29 most underappreciated Disney sidekicks.
Some of the movies are older, so young kids might not know them. And they’re all minor characters, so there aren’t a lot of obvious choices. But they claim their #1 pick deserves the top spot hands down.
Here are the top 10 . . .
1. Pegasus, the flying horse from “Hercules”. They say he deserves it because he plays a major role in the plot. And they also like the baby version of him.
2. Dodger, the dog from “Oliver and Company”.
3. Ray, the firefly in “The Princess and the Frog”.
4. Madame de la Grande, the talking cabinet from “Beauty and the Beast”.
5. Cri-Kee, the quiet cricket in “Mulan”.
6. Toby, the bloodhound in “The Great Mouse Detective”.
7. Lady Kluck, Maid Marian’s lady-in-waiting from “Robin Hood”.
8. Zazu, the blue bird with a British accent from “The Lion King”.
9. Archimedes, Merlin’s owl from “The Sword in the Stone”.
10. The owl from “Bambi”. Technically, its name was “Friend Owl.”
(Check out the full list of 29 characters, here.)