It’s that time of year again, where we talk about how YOUNG today’s college freshmen are . . . and, of course, how OLD that makes all of us.
Beloit College just released its annual “Mindset List,” where they figure out some of the stuff that today’s college freshmen have either never known or always known. And for the Class of 2021 . . . who were mostly born in 1999 . . . here’s what they’ve got . . .
- They barely know any phones except smartphones.
- They have never used a floppy disk . . . and probably never bought CDs.
- They’ve never known a world where they couldn’t order anything they needed from Amazon . . . and get it in two days thanks to Amazon Prime.
- They’ve never known a world without“Pokemon”.
- There have always been blogs on the Internet for them to read.
- They only know Napster as a failing brand . . . not as THE place to download music for free.
- They only knowJustin Timberlake as a solo artist.
- And they have only experiencedBill Clinton as Hillary’s husband, not as president. (Beloit)