There’s a discussion on Reddit right now where people are sharing the things they were told in school that turned out to be totally FALSE. Here are some of the best ones . . .
- The bad things you do go on your “permanent record.” Sure, maybe as a kid, but it’s not like your school record comes up once you’re older.
- The food pyramid. We were told to eat a ton of bread and corn and avoid fat.
- You have to learn to write in cursive.
- You have to learn how to do math because you won’t always have a calculator. Today, we ALL always have calculators on our phones.
- Go to the best college you can, because the money you make will be worth the cost.
- The Internet isn’t a valid source for research, you have to use books.
- You have to learn to say no to drugs, because strangers will want to give you free drugs. (Reddit)