The Coles County Regional Planning and Development Commission has been awarded a $1.2-million grant for home repairs through the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago. The grant covers Clark, Coles, Cumberland, Douglas, Edgar, and Moultrie Counties, and will focus on roofing, heating and emergency repairs. However, the grant can cover electrical, plumbing and other items. The grant funds will cover 75% of the repair cost and the homeowner will be responsible for the remaining 25%. The grant start date will be in early spring. If you have any questions or would like to be put on a waiting list, please call 217-348-0521.