A new study found the average person spends five-and-a-half years and $20,276 on dating before they meet the person they wind up marrying. Here are five more results from the study . . .
1. The average man says his most expensive date cost him $224. The average woman says her most expensive date cost $93.
2. The most common thing to do on a date is go to dinner. The rest of the top five are going to the movies . . . having lunch . . . going for a walk . . . and cooking and eating at home.
3. 20% of men have tried the whole “fake yawn and stretch to put your arm around her” move on a first date.
4. The top three ways married couples met are through a set up . . . at a bar or club . . . and through online dating.
5. And finally, three out of four people like dates that involve sitting and eating more than dates involving outdoor activities like hiking.