Now that St. Patrick’s Day is over . . . and you will never speak of what you did ever again . . . time to focus on getting nice and repentant on Easter. Or, at least, nice and full on chocolate.
Here are some stats on how we’ll celebrate candy, bunnies, and, to a lesser extent, religious stuff . . .
1. 81% of Americans say they celebrate Easter.
2. We’ll spend a total of $17.3 billion on Easter this year. That’s an average of $146 for everyone who’s celebrating, which is an all-time high.
3. We’ll spend a total of $5.5 billion on food . . . $3 billion on clothes . . . $2.7 billion on presents . . . $2.4 billion on candy . . . and $1.2 billion on flowers.
4. 51% of people will go to Church on Easter and 58% will spend time with family and friends.
5. And finally, 4% of people will work on Easter.