There’s a church in Switzerland called the Abbey of Saint Gall that dates back about twelve hundred years. And someone tried to set FIRE to the inside of it on Tuesday.
They put a candle in one of the confessionals, right under a curtain. And the cops think they did it on purpose.
But it’s a World Heritage site, so some tourists were there when it happened. And instead of running out, they started looking for something to put out the fire.
Luckily there was some HOLY WATER nearby, so they dumped it on the flames, and prevented the entire church from going up.
The fire still caused thousands of dollars worth of damage, but it could have been a lot worse.
Police still don’t know who started the fire, but they’re talking to witnesses and hoping someone saw something. (The Local)