A new survey found the top five mistakes people make when they apply for jobs, and all of them seem like they’d be pretty easy to fix. Check ’em out . . .
- 84% of people don’t find out the name of the person doing the hiring and personalize their email to them.
- 57% don’t send a thank you note after an interview . . . not even an email.
- 54% don’t customize their resume based on the job they’re applying for.
- 45% don’t include a cover letter.
- And 37% don’t follow up after they send in their application, which would help them stand out. (PR Newswire)