We see multiple lists every year that CLAIM to be the definitive list of the best Halloween candies. But this might really be it.
FiveThirtyEight.com had a computer randomly match up 86 different candies with each other. It generated 269,000 matchups . . . over 8,300 people voted . . . and the clear winner was anything with PEANUT BUTTER. Here are the top ten . . .
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. They won 84% of their matchups. Another new study that looked at individual states ALSO found it’s #1. (Check out those results here.)
- Reese’s Miniatures, the kind in gold foil that people hand out on Halloween. They won 82% of their matchups. So the only thing better is the full-sized version.
- Twix, 82%.
- Kit Kats, 76.8%.
- Snickers, 76.7%.
- Reese’s Pieces, 73.4%.
- Milky Ways, 73.1%.
- Reese’s Stuffed with Pieces, 73%. They’re Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups with Reese’s Pieces INSIDE them.
- Peanut Butter M&M’s, 72%.
- Butterfingers, 71%. 3 Musketeers, Starburst, and regular M&M’s just missed the top ten. Good & Plenty’s ranked LAST, even lower than Chiclets. (FiveThirtyEight)