According to a new survey, 40% of us called in sick at least once this year when we WEREN’T really sick. That’s up 5% from 2016. The most common reason was for a doctor’s appointment. But is that really “faking” a sick day?
The rest of the top five REAL reasons were, “I just didn’t feel like working” . . . “I wanted to relax” . . . “I wanted to sleep in” . . . and “I needed to run errands.”
Now here are the ten WEIRDEST excuses bosses heard this year:
1. An employee claimed they swallowed a toothpick at a restaurant.
2. A guy couldn’t come in because he broke his arm wrestling a female bodybuilder.
3. Someone, quote, “called in fat” because their uniform didn’t fit.
4. A woman’s dog swallowed her keys, and she was waiting for them to come out.
5. Their phone exploded and hurt their hand.
6. There was a bear in their yard.
7. A guy claimed he left all his clothing at a laundromat.
8. They couldn’t come in because they didn’t have enough gas in their car.
9. A woman’s fake nail fell off, and she needed an emergency manicure.
10. Someone called in sick back in August, because they were afraid to be out during the solar eclipse.