Cops do stuff like this all the time and no one hears about it. But this story has a pretty cool twist . . .
A woman named Melanie Hasse was at a Chick-fil-A with her 15-month-old daughter Charlotte last Friday in Hobart, Indiana.
And while they were eating their meal, Melanie realized Charlotte had stopped breathing. It turned out she was choking on a piece of apple.
Melanie panicked and didn’t know what to do. But luckily a group of police officers had just walked in.
Two of them immediately flipped Charlotte over and started smacking her on the back. And it worked. She spit the apple out, and started breathing again.
One of those cops was a rookie named Richard Mayer, and it happened to be his FIRST DAY on the job. So he started working as a cop, and immediately saved someone’s life.