Remember back when you could make someone a mixtape or a photo collage for Valentine’s Day? This year you’d have to make them a Spotify playlist or a Facebook photo memories video. And that’s REALLY not the same.
A new survey asked people to name the things that have been replaced by technology that they miss the most. Here are the top 10 . . .
- Making mixtapes.
- Putting photos into albums.
- Recording TV shows on your VCR.
- Having printed photos around the house.
- The excitement of seeing how the photos from a roll of film turned out.
- Handwritten letters.
- Sending love letters.
- Sending postcards.
- Having a penpal.
- Buying CDs and having a CD collection.
A few things that just missed the top 10 are: Phone books . . . playing board games . . . disposable cameras . . . and remembering phone numbers by heart. (Daily Mail)