A new survey asked 2,000 people to rank the top 50 things that officially make you an “adult.” We’re on board with most of them. Although “knowing how to change a LIGHT BULB” at #28 sets the bar a little low. Here’s the top ten . . .
1. Paying your own bills.
2. Doing your own laundry.
3. Having a budget.
4. Moving out of your parents’ place.
5. Having insurance. Apparently that means any type of insurance.
6. Buying a house.
7. Making your own financial decisions without asking Mom and Dad.
8. Paying into a retirement account.
9. Keeping your house clean.
10. Buying groceries REGULARLY instead of stocking up once a month.
Having kids just missed the top ten at #11 . . . buying a vacuum cleaner, #22 . . . following politics, #27 . . . your parents asking YOU for advice, #39 . . . making to-do lists, #43 . . . and getting your own pet made the list at #48.
The survey also found we don’t feel like an adult until we’re 25.