Here are five stats for St. Patrick’s Day . . .
- 60% of Americans plan to celebrate this year. They’ll spend an average of $39.65 each. And we’ll spend an all-time high of about $5.9 BILLION collectively.
- It’s just the FOURTH most popular day of the year to tie one on. The top three drinking days are New Year’s Eve, Christmas, and the Fourth of July.
- 83% of people who plan to celebrate this year will wear something green.
- Just over 33 million Americans have Irish ancestors. The two states with the highest percentage are Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- And a Leprechaun’s pot of gold filled with 1,000 one-ounce gold coins would run you a cool $1.3 million this year.
On another note, not many places are giving away free food for St. Patrick’s Day this year. But there are a lot of SPECIALTY items out there . . .
McDonald’s has their Shamrock Shake . . . Dunkin’ Donuts has a Mint Brownie Donut . . . Krispy Kreme has green glazed donuts . . . Dairy Queen has their Mint Oreo Blizzard . . . and you can get a FREE Mint Chip ‘n Oreo milkshake at Baskin-Robbins tomorrow.