Man, being a part of a community sounds like a ton of work. Can’t I just be the person that steals kids’ Frisbees when they go into my yard?
A new survey asked people the key things to do to be an active part of their community. And here are the results . . .
- Be friendly with your neighbors, 69%.
- Support local businesses, 54%.
- Don’t cause trouble, 50%.
- Volunteer or donate to charity, 44%.
- Regularly help people out, 44%.
- Get involved in local projects or charities, 38%.
- Help the homeless, 34%.
- Volunteer at a school or with clubs, 32%.
- Be part of the neighborhood watch, 29%.
- Coach a kids’ sports team, 13%. (Yahoo News)