Someone went through the dessert menus of a bunch of different fast food places . . . taste-tested a bunch of stuff . . . and then ranked the ten BEST fast food dessert menus.
They ranked them according to taste and variety. And they put DAIRY QUEEN at the top . . . which is kind of the obvious choice, since they specialize in dessert. Here are the full rankings . . .
- Dairy Queen. Signature items include Blizzards, brownies, funnel cake, Fudge Stuffed Cookies, and ice cream cakes.
- Wienerschnitzel. Their dessert menu is done by Tastee-Freez, so they’ve got a lot of ice cream stuff.
- Chick-fil-A. They’ve got shakes, cookies, soft serve, a frozen coffee drink, and a frozen lemonade.
- Jack in the Box. Shakes, mini churros, chocolate cake, and cheesecake.
- Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s. Carl’s Jr. has shakes, cookies, and cake. Most Hardee’s locations have apple turnovers instead of cake.
- Taco Bell. They’ve got slushies, cinnamon twists, a caramel apple empanada, and those weird little cream-filled Cinnabon balls.
- McDonald’s. Their biggest dessert item is the McFlurry. But they’ve also got shakes, sundaes, soft serve, cookies, and apple pie.
- Burger King. It’s got most of the same options as McDonald’s . . . plus things like Oreo cheesecake and Twix ice cream pie. But the people who did the list claim nothing on their dessert menu is that great.
- Wendy’s. Way down in 9th place, because all they have are Frostys and cookies.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken. All they’ve got are cookies, and a so-so chocolate cake called “The Big Finish.”
A few snubs include White Castle and its “Cheesecake on a Stick” . . . Sonic’s fairly decent shake and ice cream options . . . and absolutely no love for Long John Silver’s Deep Fried Twinkie. (Uproxx)