And there any words you pronounce differently than other people,? Maybe because of where you grew up, or how your parents said them?
Someone took a bunch of FOOD words people say differently, and did a poll to find out who’s in the majority . . .
- Do you say PEE-can . . . or peh-CAHN? 62% say peh-CAHN.
- Is it CAR-mull . . . or CARE-uh-mel? 57% say it CARE-uh-mel.
- MAN-aise . . . or MAY-oh-naise? It’s close, but 52% say MAN-aise.
- ALL-mund . . . or AH-mund? 79% DO pronounce the “L.”
- Milk . . . or MELK? Only 8% say it like there’s an “E” in there.
- OR-ange . . . or AHR-ange? 89% say OR-ange.
- APP-ricot . . . or APE-ricot? 64% say APP-ricot.
- BAY-gle . . . or BAGGLE. (???) 95% of people say BAY-gle. (Yes, “baggle” is a thing.)