The Salvation Army of Mattoon Red Kettle kick-off will be November 15th from 6:00-9:00 a.m.
You can drive through, make a donation and get a complimentary doughnut from County Market and fresh coffee from Starbucks. You’ll find them at The Salvation Army Mattoon Corps at 1300 Richmond Avenue, Mattoon, IL.
Where does your donation to The Salvation Army of Mattoon serving Coles and Cumberland County go?
- After-school program (hosted by The Mattoon Salvation Army)
- Community Food Pantry (housed within The Salvation Army facility)
- Summer Day Camp (hosted by The Mattoon Salvation Army)
- Summer Camp experiences for youth (at The Salvation Army’s regional camp in Missouri)
- Emergency financial assistance (including vouchers redeemed at the Army’s Family Thrift Store)
- Food on the Move (summer feeding program for minors)
- Seasonal assistance (Christmas food baskets, residents of assisted living facilities)
- Sponsor annual Resource Fair and Job Fair events
- Pathway of Hope – to help families with minor-age children escape generational poverty
Expenses include supplies, food purchased, transportation costs (whether taking kids to summer camp or taking day trips for summer day camp, picking kids up from school for the after-school program, or using a mobile food truck for Food on the Move), facility costs (utility, regular maintenance, insurance, custodial, etc.), and staff.