If you’ve been doing the online dating thing and are feeling a little burned out, here are five tips to help you get better results
- Update your photos and other info. If you’ve got pictures on your profile from 2012 or earlier it’s time to delete ’em and upload something more current.
- Include something spontaneous or adventurous in your profile. It’s a good talking point, which makes people more likely to message you. Something like the next vacation you want to go on or a rundown of the experiences on your “bucket list.”
- Don’t judge a book by its cover. A person’s profile can give you a decent idea of what they’re like . . . but it’s no substitute for meeting in person. So if you’re on the fence about someone, give them a chance anyway . . . they might surprise you.
- Make an effort to meet the people you’re talking to. It’s easy to fall into the trap of messaging forever without actually trying to plan a date. So if you haven’t discussed meeting in person within the first few messages, throw the idea out there yourself. And if they’re hesitant, move on.
- Try a dating app you haven’t been on before. If you’re burned out with the dating site you’re using, try a different one for a few weeks and see if things are any better. (Huffington Post)