We live in an era where we accept people regardless of what they look like . . . and if you DARE to SHAME someone for their looks, you don’t even want to know the consequences. But apparently, we’re not so cool to OURSELVES.
Here are some results from a new survey by “Allure” magazine on attractiveness that shows we’re all still OBSESSED with how we look. Check ’em out . . .
1. 50% of people say their appearance defines their identity. That’s up from 35% back in 2010.
2. 64% say the first thing they notice about someone is how attractive they are.
3. 61% think their lives would be better if they were more attractive.
4. 62% of women and 53% of men say they’re more critical of their looks than other people.
5. The average woman rates herself a 5.9 out of 10. Men rate themselves a 6.5.
6. 84% of people are trying to be less judgmental about other people’s looks.
7. The most common thing people lie about is their weight. The rest of the top five are: Jeans size . . . salary . . . height . . . and age.
8. And finally, 81% of people wish they were more satisfied with their looks.