According to a new survey, over 70% of us have bought new clothes for summer. And the average woman spends $220 on summer clothing each year. But men actually spend about $50 MORE than that, at $271.
The top three things men buy are new t-shirts . . . new shorts . . . and number three is OTHER types of shirts. News flash: Men really aren’t complicated creatures.
The top three things women buy are new shirts . . . new sandals . . . new dresses . . . and a new bathing suit is fourth.
Here are the top five REASONS we buy new clothes for summer. So in other words, the top five excuses we use for dropping all that money . . .
1. It helps us get into right MOOD for summer.
2. It makes us feel more confident.
3. We just want to go shopping.
4. We want to be prepared for any temperature.
5. Our old summer clothes don’t fit anymore.