Obviously colds are pretty common right now. But if your symptoms just won’t go away, there’s also a chance you’re allergic to your CHRISTMAS TREE. It’s not actually that rare. There’s even a name for it: Christmas Tree Syndrome.
Christmas trees can have a significant amount of MOLD on them. And it grows even faster once you get the tree inside where it’s warm.
Mold reproduces by releasing spores into the air. So you don’t even have to touch the tree to have symptoms. They’re usually similar to hay fever . . . things like sneezing, watery eyes, and coughing.
They tend to be pretty mild for most people. But if you have a mold allergy, they can be serious. And if you have asthma, they can be DEADLY. Yes, death by Christmas tree.
The longer you keep your tree up, the worse it gets. Researchers tracked the amount of mold on a tree. And two weeks after they put it up, there was FIVE TIMES the normal amount of mold.
So if your cold symptoms last longer than they should, your tree might be to blame, and a fake tree might be the better option. Be careful with those too though, because they can collect dust and mold while they’re in storage.